2014 SHORTS SHOWCASE
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Bay Area Women in Film & Media (BAWIFM) presents the 2014 Shorts Showcase. We are seeking independent short ﬁlms, web series, music videos, and transmedia projects to be screened on November 6, 2014 at the Second Act Theater in San Francisco.
Received by Sept. 1st, 2014
- Works must have a woman in lead creative role, such as director, producer, writer, editor, or cinematographer.
- Must be a short ﬁlm/video UNDER 15 MINUTES (if a web series, please submit as many episodes as you like, as long as combined they are under 15 min.)
- Must be completed no earlier than 2013
- Non-English language ﬁlms must have English subtitles
- All genres are accepted
- Entrant need not be a member of BAWIFM to submit an entry
- Submission format: online link (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) can be password protected. Our projection format for ﬁnal screening is DVD.
- Entry fee: FREE for BAWIFM members, $20 for non-members (Entry fee will be waived if you join BAWIFM. For more information on joining, visit http://www.bawifm.org/join. Otherwise, please register and pay here: http://www.bawifm.org/event-1721314
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH YOUR ENTRY:
1) An entry form (completed and signed) > email email@example.com for form. Or download on our website www.bawifm.org
2) A brief synopsis of the ﬁlm
3) Press kit (if available) materials/crew breakdown, etc.
4) Bios/photos of production members (if available)
***Please provide online link for entry in email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All submissions must be received by September 1, 2014
If you have questions please contact us at email@example.com.
Final selection and details of the screening to be published at http://www.bawifm.org on Oct. 13th, 2014.
DOWNLOAD THE ENTRY FORM HERE!!
Next TV Summit & Expo
September 10-11, 2014
Santa Clara Marriott
Santa Clara, CA
Special 25% Discount for BAWIFM Members!
For the third year in a row, Broadcasting & Cable and Multichannel News present the Next TV Summit & Expo San Francisco, a high-level conference, expo and networking event that focuses on broadcasting, content, technology, digital media and OTT.As monetization is growing in the digital and mobile sectors, the Next TV Summit & Expo is a must-attend event for your business future.To save $180 off the regular rate, simply enter Promo Code NEXTTV14 when prompted and register today!
Whether you are just launching your professional career or you are an established professional in the field, BAWIFM is an invaluable social and professional network of Bay Area women in film and media. As a chapter of WIFTI, Women in Film and Television International, our members are also connected to a global network of Women in Film/Women in Film and Television chapters worldwide with over 10,000 members, dedicated to advancing professional development and achievement for women working in all areas of film, video, and other screen-based media.
click here to download and read the New York Times article about the shortage of female filmmakers.
click here to download & read the article about the lack of diversity and women television writers & show runners.